New patient examinations
As a new patient at Smile Up you’ll be given a comprehensive dental examination that helps us build a picture of your dental health and your general wellbeing.
Then we can decide together how we can best help you regain or protect your dental health.
- A check of your medical history
- A detailed history taken of any dental pain and symptoms
- A clinical examination of your face, neck, jaw, teeth and gums
- Screening for oral cancer (rates have risen 68% since 1996 so this is really important)
- A check for gum disease (the most common cause of tooth loss)
- X-rays and photos
- Special investigations where necessary (for example, if a tooth appears damaged we will do a series of vitality tests to establish whether the nerve has died)
- A full diagnosis will be given with a clear written treatment plan, including all costs
It’s also worth being aware of our special combination treatments for different kinds of patients: regular, smokers and smile styling where the overall price of multiple treatments are discounted when they are taken together.
If you’d like to make an appointment you can do it here or give us a ring on 0203 411 1550.